We are very proud to announce the 2013 locations and dates for the two Beer Bloggers Conferences:
Edinburgh, Scotland: July 12-13, 2013
Boston, Massachusetts: July 26-28, 2013
We apologize for the very late announcement. It has been a rough fall trying to secure both locations and enough sponsorship to continue to provide an awesome experience for what is a very low conference registration price. Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- We moved the conference to July for the better weather in Scotland plus for more planning time due to the late announcement.
- As you might have read earlier, MolsonCoors has dropped out as our lead sponsor. This means we have no scholarship stipends for citizen bloggers in 2013 unless we can find another major sponsor. Let us know if you have connections!
- Pilsner Urquell, despite budget cuts, has once again stepped up to support the conference by supplying dinner on Saturday night. They are loyal supporters.
- Williams Brothers and Fyne, two local Scottish breweries, are teaming up to provide dinner on Friday night. This is not an easy decision to make for a small brewery and we appreciate their support!
- We are working to secure a post-conference brewery visit on Sunday, July 14th. More details to come.
- We would LOVE to move this conference to the Continent in 2014. However, the reality is most of the attendees are from the UK and we will need the support of local breweries to make this move possible. If you think you can help secure two dinner sponsors, a host venue, and ideally some local support in helping defray bloggers’ transportation costs, please let us know!
- The Boston Beer Company and Harpoon Brewing have each stepped up to provide a dinner at their breweries. This should make for two incredible experiences you won’t want to miss.
- We are working on a pre-conference excursion to Portland, Maine. This would include dinner and an evening event on Thursday night plus a bus ride back to Boston on Friday with a lunchtime stopover in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. This is a great way to experience the beer scene in three Northeastern cities in one trip.
- We will try our best to announce the 2014 BBC at this year’s conference in Boston, which means we’ll be working on the new location as early as March. If you want to organize a bid from your local city, please let us know!
If you have been to a previous Beer Bloggers Conference, we hope you can return in 2013. If you have not yet joined us, register now for an incredible weekend full of education, beer, and camaraderie at a very low price. See you in Boston or Edinburgh!