Who Should Attend
* Citizen Bloggers and Writers who write about beer or the beer industry.
* Industry Bloggers who have a blog related to their brewery or other beer industry business.
* New Media Innovators who work in the world of blogging and social media.
* Beer Industry members who would like to learn about new media or interact with bloggers in attendance.
Cost, Payment, Cancellation, and What is Included
The cost of the BBC is as follows:
- Citizen Bloggers $120 (see agreement below)
- Industry Bloggers $220 (see agreement below)
- General Registrants $320
Citizen Beer Bloggers or writers (those unaffiliated with a business or organization) pay a reduced rate if you agree to write at least two blog posts about the conference. What you write about is up to you – the conference itself, a sponsor, a beer you try, the content, etc. Industry bloggers (those connected to a business or other organization) pay a partially reduced rate if you agree to write at least one blog post about the conference. If you choose not to accept this condition, you are free to register at the General Registration rate.
To sign up as a blogger, you must have an active (at least three current posts) blog that has been in existence at least three months. You must be listed as a contributor on the blog. Friends and spouses you wish to bring with you who are not clearly identified on your blog as part of the team need to sign up under the general registration category.
Please be accurate in selecting your category as we will confirm your status and it takes both of us a lot of time if we have to contact you. Please note we do not have registrations for only part of the weekend and you cannot share your registration with someone else. If you must cancel your registration, your payment is 50% refundable through July 22 and not refundable after that.
The conference includes multiple beer tastings, two dinners, one or two lunches (pending sponsorship), and outstanding content. Not included in the conference price are your hotel, transportation to and from San Diego, and personal expenses. We will have an optional pre-conference excursion in San Diego at a small additional price with information to come.
The Conference Hotel
Our host hotel is the Marriott Mission Valley. The hotel has recently undergone $9 million in renovations, is offering us an excellent price of $119 for rooms, is allowing us to bring in beer from our sponsors, and is nicely located on the trolley line with connection to all of San Diego’s highlights. We expect to sell out quickly, so make your reservations online or by calling 877.622.3056.
Transportation: Arrival and Departure
The San Diego Airport is eight miles from the hotel. The hotel does not have shuttle service. Your options include:
- Renting a car at the airport. You will not need a car during the conference and parking is $16 per day, so this is perhaps not the best option.
- Taxi: Approximately $22 one way
- Super Shuttle: $12 one way
- Bus: Approximately $5 one way
- Uber: We have partnered with Uber so you can ride with ease to and from The Beer Bloggers Conference! To get $20 off each of your first two Uber rides, sign up at get.uber.com/go/bbc14 or download the app, and enter the promo code BBC14. Uber is an app that allows you to request a ride with the tap of a button. Drivers arrive curbside in just minutes, you can track the arrival of your ride on your iPhone, Android or Blackberry and payment is charged directly to your credit card on file. They have Black Cars, SUVs, and their low cost option, uberX is 40% cheaper than a TAXI! Also, you no longer have to worry about IOU’s. Easily share the cost of a ride with Uber friends, using Uber’s Fare Split tool in the app. Not sure how to Uber? It’s easy! iPhone, Android or Blackberry: 1) Download the app 2) Select your pick up location 3) Request a ride Questions? Contact supportSD@uber.com!