Bloggers who are financially secure themselves, breweries, other beer industry businesses, and even beer industry workers should consider donating to our cause for the following reasons:
- Bloggers spend many hours working on their blogs for no pay and many bloggers cannot attend the Beer Bloggers Conference without your support.
- The Beer Bloggers Conference provides outstanding knowledge and motivation to beer bloggers. Better beer bloggers are good for the craft beer industry because they are active, enthusiastic supporters who regularly publish their thoughts online.
- As a brewery or beer-related business, you can choose to support a specific blogger and get direct benefits from this. (See second method of donating below.)
Three Ways to Donate
1. You can choose to donate a fixed sum directly to the general Scholarship fund. A committee of three to five beer bloggers will evaluate all applications and disburse all funds. We are happy to accept donations as small as $10 and as large as you wish. To donate quickly and easily through PayPal (you can also simply use your credit card), please click the button bellow:
2. If you register for the conference, you can choose to donate directly on your registration form. Conference organizer Zephyr Adventures will pass 100% of your donation to the BBC Scholarship committee.
3. You can choose to donate directly to a specific blogger, possibly one in your geographic area. If you decide to sponsor a blogger as a business, brewery, magazine, etc, any arrangements you work out with the blogger is between you and them. However, you might ask your donor recipient to do the following for you without providing a conflict of interest:
1) Report back to your management on the bloggers conference and how you could work with bloggers in the future.
2) Write a summary of the conference on your company’s blog.
3) Keep in touch with you in the future in case you have beer releases or other events the blogger might wish to cover.
4) You might even send a press release to your local media promoting your generous donation to the local blogger.
To donate, please click the button below and specify it is for a certain blogger’s expenses or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any specific instructions. We will send all proceeds less Paypal processing costs to your intended recipient. If you wish us to find a blogger in your area, please let us know – we are happy to do that for you.
Unfortunately, the Beer Bloggers Conference Scholarship fund is not a registered tax entity so we have no idea how you should report any donation. Please note at this time the BBC Scholarship is only available for the American version of the 2011 conference.