About the Beer Bloggers & Writers Conference
The Beer Bloggers & Writers Conference is now in its eighth year, having started with an initial conference in 2010 in Boulder, Colorado. The conference attracts approximately 150 attendees from throughout North America to network, learn, and taste beers. For a glimpse into the conference, see this video from the first-ever conference.
Host Location: Loudoun County, Virginia
Loudoun County is based just outside Washington DC. We at Zephyr Conferences love Loudoun County due to our experience running the Wine Marketing & Tourism Conference there back in 2015, for a number of reasons:
- Loudoun County contains Dulles Airport, one of two major airports for the Washington DC region, meaning BBC18 will be very easy to access.
- Loudoun County is beautiful, with many rural areas we will visit on two dinner excursions and one Loudoun County beer tasting included with the conference.
- Loudoun County is considered “DC’s wine country” with 42 wineries in the county. However, the county also now boasts 22 breweries and is fast becoming the playground for our capital’s beer connoisseurs.
We are especially thankful for the support of Visit Loudoun, which will be arranging two dinners at local breweries and a beer reception at a third, including transporting all of us from the host hotel.
Who Should Attend
- Citizen Bloggers, Writers, and Social Media Influencers who write about beer or the beer industry.
- Industry Bloggers who have a blog related to their brewery or other beer industry business.
- Digital Media Innovators who work in the world of blogging and social media.
- Beer Industry members who would like to learn about digital media or interact with bloggers and writers in attendance.
Cost, Payment, Cancellation, and What is Included
The cost of the conference depends on when you register and whether you qualify as a Citizen Blogger, Published Beer Writer, or Social Media Influencer. See the Registration Page for details.The conference includes multiple beer tastings, two dinners, possibly one or two lunches (pending sponsorship), and outstanding content. Not included in the conference price are your hotel, transportation to and from Loudoun County, personal expenses, and pre-conference and post-conference excursions.
The conference will take place at the DoubleTree hotel in Sterling, Virginia near Dulles International Airport. The DoubleTree is a full conference hotel and receives a 4.5 rating on Trip Advisor. We will have a room block at the hotel at the excellent rate of only $79 with details coming soon.
Transportation: Arrival and Departure
We suggest you not book any travel arrangements until we announce and you decide whether you will join the Pre-Conference and Post-Conference Excursion.
The DoubleTree is located only five miles from Dulles International Airport, which is a major airport serving Washington DC and the environs. The hotel has a free airport shuttle.
If you are in the beer industry and in need of marketing services, consider our sister company Zephyr Strategy. An initial analysis of your digital marketing is only $500.
The Beer Bloggers & Writers Conference is organized by Zephyr Conferences, the organizer of the:
- Beer Now Conference (previously the European Beer Bloggers & Writers Conference)
- Beer Marketing & Tourism Conference
- Wine Bloggers Conference
- International Food Blogger Conference
- Wine Marketing & Tourism Conference
For information about our conferences, please email email@example.com. For media inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are in a region interested to host one of our conferences, please complete a Host Application.
Zephyr Conferences is part of Zephyr Adventures, which has been running active tours around the world for the last 20 years. Please visit our website for information on our active food, wine, and beer tours., including a Yellowstone and Grand Teton Multisport Beer Tour and our Belgium Hike, Bike, and Beer Adventure.
In addition to Zephyr’s active tours, its sister company Taste Vacations runs beer, wine, food, and spirits tours around the world which leave the physical activity at home. We welcome you as a partner and invite you to join the Taste Vacations Affiliate Program to earn commissions of $300 and more per referral.